The Worimi Conservation Lands is currently O P E N for beach driving. However, drivers are advised to exercise caution as the beach front and entrances are still recovering from the large swell, high tides, flooding and storm conditions of the past week.
- Look out for soft sand, erosion, wash outs and drop offs
- Do not attempt to traverse the beach at high tide, especially if the swell is large.
- If the beach becomes impassable, turn around & back track on the route you have driven to exit the beach. Do not drive over the frontal dune or any vegetation – fines apply.
- For safety avoid driving through sea water or large pools of water
- Drive according to the current beach conditions, vehicle and driver capability.
Remember: Beach driving conditions can change rapidly. Several vehicles on this beach have ended up in the ocean or swamped by water. If in doubt – save your drive for another day.
SEE CHART ON THE RIGHT OF THE PAGE FOR WEATHER, TIDE & SWELL CONDITIONS